Are you looking for a new opportunity, are you looking to broaden your horizons? Come work with us! Code Studio is recruiting a Zoning/Urban Design Associate to help support our growing portfolio of domestic and international urban design, zoning and form-based code work.
Are you that person? If you are interested, keep reading!!!
We think BIG. . . The future of our cities is more than just an incremental improvement from today – it’s transformational change. Code Studio needs your design and creative problem-solving skills to support our growing practice. We are looking for a talented urban planner or designer with experience in solving complex urban design and planning issues.
As a small private planning company, Code Studio has unique, ground-level insight into all aspects of the planning business. Our work involves hands-on experience and collaboration on some of the nation’s largest zoning code updates in various communities across the country.
We are interested in hiring someone with a genuine passion for urban design and zoning, including forms-based coding. Ideal candidates would have between 3 and 5 years of experience working on projects related to planning, zoning and urban design, in the public or private sector. Strong skills in SketchUp and Adobe Illustrator are essential.
We are looking for people who are driven team players, excellent verbal, visual and written communicators and, most importantly, who are passionate about building diverse and inclusive cities. Our goal is to develop and equip emerging leaders interested in pursuing their careers in the various fields of urban design and planning. Ideal candidates should hold a graduate degree in urban design, architecture, urban planning or a related field.
You could live anywhere in the United States for this position – we are comfortable with it being primarily a remote position – we would also be happy to have you join our Austin office . Plus, if you live in Washington DC or Atlanta, we’d be happy to have you work in person with our employees in each of those respective cities.
About the role:
- Urban design and the search for precedents
- Site analysis and documentation of existing conditions
- Analysis and concept diagrams
- Site plans and area mapping
- Illustrative plans, sections and renderings in perspective, hand and digital
- Drafting and interpretation of zoning codes and forms
- Preparing presentations and carrying out town planning and urban planning studies
- Help manage client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Mapping and GIS analysis
- Strong SketchUp skills
- Powerful Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience with ArcGIS Pro
- Excellent skills in computer rendering, mass and other graphic visualizations
- Strong verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Comfort with multidisciplinary and multicultural design teams
- Experience working with a variety of client types including public agencies, developers and institutional organizations.
Salary is negotiable. The benefits package includes health insurance, paid time off and vacation, an IRA with employer matching, and funds to support your professional development.
How to register:
Complete our request form. Be sure to communicate your experience relative to the role, as well as how your experience adds a unique perspective to working in Code Studio.
This position is open until filled.
Code Studio is committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We believe that having employees from diverse backgrounds allows us to better fulfill our mission and better serve our customers and our community. People of color, women, and LGBTQIA+ people are strongly encouraged to apply.