New York, NY, United StatesSite:
Fri Jan 7 22Posted on:
S9 Architecture is looking for a highly motivated Senior Interior Designer to join our team of professionals who are committed to creating aesthetically beautiful spaces that are also significant in terms of social and urban impact.
The Senior Interior Designer executes exceptional design skills to successfully represent our design approach, as well as to market and maintain excellent client relationships. This position provides the opportunity to lead interior design on commercial and residential projects, as well as lead junior staff and oversee project design and finances. This position is highly collaborative and requires working with clients, project managers, architects and others on multiple projects through all phases from proposal to construction.
- Lead interior design assignments from concept to project completion.
- Build, maintain and foster new relationships with customers.
- Work closely with directors to promote our design approach and philosophy.
- Lead interior projects including programming, client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, and budget and schedule management.
- Be integral to the growth and success of interior design at S9.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to satisfy clients with design approach and ideas.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, exceed goals and provide high quality service to clients.
- Create and animate customer presentations.
- Stay on budget and on schedule.
- Estimate the material requirements and preliminary costs.
- More than 10 years of relevant experience in interior design.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in interior design or architecture.
- Excellent design skills.
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship management skills.
- Current knowledge of design resources and trends.
- Solid experience in managing contracts, tenders and tender documents.
- Successful experience in coordinating work efforts of subordinate staff.
- Strong customer presentation skills
A portfolio of work demonstrating and documenting independent work is required. Please attach a portfolio if you wish to be considered.
Who we are:
S9 Architecture is a team of 70 designers dedicated to shaping the pragmatic needs of our clients with a unique design approach rooted in “modern contextualism” and inspired by urban narratives. Rejecting preconceptions and stylistic concerns, each design solution is informed by programmatic, physical, environmental, economic and contextual forces. We believe our projects are part of a larger whole, acting as a glue that helps bind and enhance their context for human experiences.
Our work is primarily centered in the New York area with projects in San Francisco, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Charlotte and Canada. We aim for noble design in everything we do and in all types of projects that currently include: residential, office, adaptive reuse, urban design, commercial and mixed use.
S9 Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify Program. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. We offer comprehensive benefits including: health benefits through United Healthcare, a 401 (k) matching company, ARE reimbursement and mentoring, annual performance reviews, and an ok football team.
View the history of your applications