DALIN is an award-winning architecture, planning, and interior design firm with more than 180 multicultural professionals located in the western United States. We offer over 45 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by a vision of creating places that promote human flourishing and well-being. It’s the same The passion of the place® starts with our own work environment, a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are currently looking for an experienced person DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MANAGER in our Pleasanton, California location. This person is responsible for the direction, coordination and administration of projects throughout the initial phases of development, including urban design, site planning and other studies and planning programs, through rights and/or approvals. They will work directly with the client and/or jurisdictions, consultants and other team members to deliver complete, coordinated and consistent documentation on time and within budget. They will also guide and direct other technical staff.
- Manage projects and teams, across multiple projects.
- Participate in the drafting of proposals.
- Establish and monitor project budgets, prepare project schedules and manage contract and understand client/contract requirements including deliverables.
- Review project invoices and update projections regularly.
- Monitor project receivables and assist in the collection of receivables.
- Has client contact and authority to direct, control and monitor all project activities.
- Act as the main point of contact with the client and city agencies.
- Oversees the production of planning documents and graphic packages for the entire project(s).
- Review documents, exhibits and other deliverables to ensure they are complete, accurate and coordinated.
- Drives urban design and site planning on projects at different scales
- Supervises and monitors the work of less experienced technical staff.
- Lead, direct and mentor staff to ensure professional development.
- Works under the general direction of a Senior Planner or Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication, organization and collaboration skills
- Able to lead and collaborate virtually using digital platforms
- Confident; tenacious while maintaining positive working relationships with clients, external consultants and technical staff
- Able to provide effective and positive direction and lead architectural/planning staff
- Strong skills and talent in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp modeling, Adobe Photoshop and preparation of presentation materials preferred
- Able to travel to meet clients and team members on site as needed
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
- Graduated from a NAAB-accredited planning/architecture school in 4 or 5 years
- 8+ years of experience in architectural planning and/or urban design preferred
- AICP certification preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without visa sponsorship
We offer competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage. We also offer the ability to participate in pre-tax flexible spending plans for medical, childcare, and transportation expenses, an employee stock ownership plan, and 401k.
Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review each application, so we regret that due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We will be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
We do not accept CVs from recruiters, placement agencies or other personnel providers who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will not be eligible for referral fees.
View your application history