W is growing and innovating again! We’re looking for amazing people who want to do amazing things. Led by Founding Director Barbara Wilks (FAIA, FASLA) and Executive Director Amy Mitchell (ASLA, CPSI), W’s mission is to reconnect people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to nature in creative and meaningful ways. Our projects cross multiple domains – from urban spaces to parks, trails and natural environments – always with a focus on creating an inspiring place where people can grow, develop and connect within a diverse natural experience. and multi-layered.
W Architecture and Landscape Architecture recently welcomed MIG, Inc. to their downtown Brooklyn studio. The two companies are co-locating to leverage their shared values and interdisciplinary approaches to expand their collective work from coast to coast. With complementary expertise and skills, W+MIG offers architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, planning, communications, graphic design and community engagement with an emphasis on connecting and improving people and places.
With this new creative collaboration and a wide range of fantastic projects on the boards, we are looking to fill junior designer and mid-level designer/project manager positions. As part of a tight-knit and diverse team, you’ll create bold, innovative and fair-play design solutions. To be successful, you will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture (a master’s degree and/or training in architecture is a plus.)
- Resident in the United States, living nearby or wishing to relocate to work in the Brooklyn, NY office with a hybrid schedule.
- Strong sense of design, excellent illustrative graphic skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability and willingness to participate and help others when needed
- Ability and desire to actively participate in marketing and business development and help create potential project proposals
- People-oriented, sharing our commitment to equity and inclusion, and able to develop collaborative, productive and respectful relationships with community members, organizations and partners.
- Desire to learn and grow with our team and our customers in everything we do.
Like a JUNIOR LEVEL DESIGNER, you will also have the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Sketchup and/or Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in ArcGIS, Lumion, Revit and online digital collaboration tools is a plus.
- Interest and desire to become a mid-level designer.
Like a MID-LEVEL DESIGNER, you will also have the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with landscape design teams as well as demonstrated experience with construction documents and construction management.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative group discussions.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite, as well as ArcGIS, Lumion, Revit and/or Rhino. Proficiency in online digital collaboration tools is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing public sector projects, including maintaining compliance with project contracts and maintaining schedules
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective public presentations, lead business meetings, speak easily and clearly in front of groups, and facilitate meetings with clients and stakeholders
- Interest and desire to grow as a W leader
Plant identification, hand drawing, a talent for baking or other hidden talents are a plus.
If one of these full-time salaried positions suits you, send your CV, portfolio and cover letter to Amy and Barbara at [email protected] and [email protected], 10MB max. We also welcome referrals, so tell a friend or colleague about us.
W is committed to building a diverse team and is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, sick time, paid time off, health insurance, and a 401K program. Our team benefits from a flexible work schedule, a rewarding work environment and a creative atmosphere. Remuneration is based on skills and experience.