Planetizen Courses is looking for an experienced Practitioner or Instructor to teach online video courses focused on topics related to planning, urban design and architecture.
About Planetizen courses
Planetizen Courses is the leading source of online professional training for the planning community. We offer hundreds of online courses on a wide range of topics from law and ethics to software and programming. Take a look at https://courses.planetizen.com/
Our mission is to provide online education for an impactful urban planning career. We achieve this goal by collaborating with leading professionals and instructors to create high-quality video courses that are available online anytime, anywhere.
- Minimum 3 years of teaching or presenting experience.
- Minimum 3 years of planning or related experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with the subject(s) you propose to teach.
- Curriculum prepared. (Ideally, you already teach the subject and can teach a similar course for Planetizen.)
- If teaching a software product, the instructor must have a working, licensed copy of the software for demonstration purposes.
- Excellent computer and Internet skills.
- Perfect command of English.
- Participate in an initial orientation meeting.
- Preparation of a lesson plan in consultation with the course producer Planetizen.
- Work with the Planetizen course producer to determine appropriate images, videos, and other materials.
- Participate in two course planning meetings with course producer Planetizen.
- Record video lessons remotely or at Planetizen’s video studio in Los Angeles, CA.
- Prepare a multiple-choice quiz for each lesson.
- Courses must be completed within 90 days of the project start date.
- Remuneration is based on one hour of class and teaching experience.
- Instructors benefit from visibility on the Planetizen Courses site.
Please submit the following to James Brasuell, Editorial Director, Planetizen, via email, [email protected].
- Your CV.
- A one-paragraph summary for each course you propose to teach.
- A one-minute audio and video recording of yourself discussing any topic. (This can be recorded using a smartphone or any inexpensive camera. We’re not looking for video quality, just your style of presentation.)
Thank you for your potential interest in becoming a Planetizen Instructor.