HALIFAX REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY
The Halifax Regional Municipality hosted the 2021 Urban Design Awards virtual ceremony on Wednesday, June 9. The ceremony celebrated urban design excellence in the region, including excellence in urban development, heritage restoration and adaptive reuse, architecture, civic improvement projects, community initiatives, and student projects completed after January 1, 2013.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the virtual ceremony. Congratulations to the winners, who were selected by an independent jury:
Civic Design Category
- Civic Design Award of Merit – Keshen Goodman Outdoor Library (Principal Firm: Outside! Landscape Architects)
- Civic Design Excellence Award – Halifax Waterfront Seabridge (Principal Firm: Develop Nova Scotia)
Connections and community initiatives category
- Community Relations and Initiatives Award of Merit – Daffodil Garden for Cancer Survivors (Principal Firm: Outside! Landscape Architects)
- Community Relations and Initiatives Award of Excellence – Word Murals (Principal Company: Fathom Studio)
Urban Fragments Category
- Award of Excellence – Alderney Pedway (Principal Firm: Abbott Brown Architects)
Category Heritage restoration
- Award of Excellence – The James Power Cottage Restoration (Main office: DSRA Architects)
Category of adaptive reuse of heritage
- Award of Excellence – Offices of the New Town Hall Clerk (Principal Firm: Abbott Brown Architects)
Student project category
- Award of Excellence – Urban Microregeneration – Zhiyi (Christina) Chen (NSCAD)
Urban Architecture Category
- Merit Award – Tel Lofts (Principal Firm: Abbott Brown Architects)
- Award of Merit – Gorsebrook Park (Lead Firm: architectsAlliance in association with Michael Napier Architecture)
- Excellence Award – Velo (lead firm: Lydon Lynch Architects)
- Excellence Award – Stanley Street Homes (lead firm: Eric Stotts Architect in association with Andrew Lynch)
Well done to all the competitors! The submissions received were fantastic.
For more information, please visit our website.