Package: The salary will be competitive with the market rate and negotiable depending on experience.
Location: Oceania – Melbourne, Australia
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise where teaching, research and engagement are essential to achieving positive impact and creating life-changing experiences for its students. One of Australia’s first educational institutions founded in 1887, RMIT University today has 83,000 students, including 12,000 at post-graduate level.
The University’s goal is to provide life-changing experiences for its students and help shape the world through research, innovation, education, and industry engagement. With strong links to industry forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains essential to RMIT’s leadership in education, applied and innovative research and the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates .
The College of Design and Social Context encompasses RMIT University’s renowned disciplines of art, architecture, design, built environment, communication and social sciences. The college has 24,500 students and over 1,000 employees in 9 schools. See here for more information.
The School of Architecture and Urbanism, RMIT, is a multidisciplinary design school, including architecture, landscape architecture and interior design. He understands the practice of design as an agent of cultural change in an increasingly complex and cosmopolitan world. The school emphasizes the activity of design as research and understands research as an integrated component of scholarship. Its design mission is based on tripolar research, organized and vertically integrated.
The School’s strategic direction is underpinned by three guiding scholarship principles: the Change Scholarship; vertically organized and integrated design scholarship; and tripolar scholarship.
The Dean of the School of Architecture and Urban Design will provide strategic and academic leadership to the School by ensuring the continuous improvement of the School’s learning and teaching activities as well as managing its research and development.
Reporting to the Associate Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President, Design and Social Context, the incumbent will work collaboratively as a member of the college and university leadership team and facilitate innovation, collaboration and collaboration. interdisciplinary engagement within and beyond the school. .
The successful candidate will have:
- A demonstrated ability to develop and implement a successful vision and business plan for the School that aligns with College and University strategic plans;
- significant professional reputation in areas relevant to the School, including a demonstrated ability to build and foster research in the disciplines;
- successful experience in managing and developing a wide range of academic and administrative staff, including implementing effective governance structures with transparent decision-making processes;
- exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to initiate, lead and manage change in a challenging and dynamic environment while striving to achieve strategic goals;
- knowledge and successful experience of financial and resource management;
- ability to exercise academic leadership to enhance the reputation of the school and college locally, nationally, and internationally, including a significant record of achievement in research, publication, and/or creative work;
- exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate, network and build relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders;
- proven ability to combine a collegial style with decisive and clear thinking, creative solutions and practical implementation strategies;
- ability to develop teamwork and foster a collegial environment.
Please do not apply directly to RMIT. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Nicole Arnold at [email protected] for an informal chat.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12 noon GMT. Friday, July 8, 2022.
Applications should consist of a CV and a brief cover covering the main selection criteria.
Job detail (society-search.com)