Essential duties and other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Manage accounting functions
- Manage all aspects of finance and accounting functions including A/P, A/R, collections, general ledger and fixed assets.
- Provide supervisory support to all project managers.
- Verify the accuracy of all labor costs as well as the reconciliation of all sub-ledgers with the general ledger (AP, AR, cash management, equipment, payroll).
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls for accounting transactions.
- Liaison with external accounting firms for year-end and audits.
Financial reporting, planning and analysis
- Manage the month-end close process, including month-end reporting and variance analysis.
- Monitor income and expenses while coordinating the consolidation and review of all financial data.
- Forecast cash flow based on upcoming projects, expenses, investments, and tax obligations.
- Produce quarterly reports and distributions to owners.
- Work with project managers to ensure proper compliance with customer contracts.
- Prepare operating budgets and forecasts.
- Responsible for human resource functions including onboarding new employees and setting up medical care/benefits.
- Process payroll, as well as 401k, Flex Benefits, and Employment Tax reports.
- Manage all office operations as required.
- Maintain strong relationships with contractors, vendors and vendors.
- Participate in special projects on request.
- Collaborate with ownership to improve business performance.
What you will need to succeed:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting and financial processing roles, ideally in the professional services industry
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong technical skills relating to internal accounting and able to work without supervision.
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in accounting or commerce
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision software
All applications should be sent to my email address: [email protected]
Back to task list…