DALIN is an award-winning architecture, planning, and interior design firm with more than 180 multicultural professionals located in the western United States. We offer over 45 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by a vision of creating places that promote human flourishing and well-being. It’s the same The passion of the place® starts with our own work environment, a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are currently looking for a ARCHITECTURAL JOB CAPTAIN join our IRVINE, California location. Working under the direction of a senior member of the project team, this person will be responsible for the specific technical aspects of the design of an assigned major project or several small projects, including investigation, evaluation and recommending design solutions that best meet the client’s needs. Commercial/civic experience preferred. This is a hybrid role based out of our IRVINE, CA location.
- Provide professional architectural consultation from completion of design development to building permit submission and construction administration
- Apply advanced architectural concepts and designs
- Review drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Monitor budgets and timelines and maintain project documentation
- Submit reports and specifications as requested
- Maintain positive working relationships with clients, external consultants and technical staff
- Supervision of technical staff and proofreading the work of others may be required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with building codes, understanding of different types of products and how the code determines how buildings are constructed.
- Strong skills in producing construction drawings from start to finish
- Strong skills and talent in SketchUp modeling, AutoCAD and Revit/BIM; Preferred Adobe Design Suite experience
- Work experience in the construction phases of projects
- Motivated; ability to work independently and in a team to coordinate with other design professionals
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong following
- Excellent graphic, communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Able to provide effective and positive direction and lead architectural staff
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
- 3+ years of experience, including at least 1 year as post captain required.
- Graduated from a 4 or 5 year NAAB accredited school of architecture
- Commitment to their own professional growth; in preference to obtaining an architect’s permit.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any restrictions or visa sponsorship.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage. We also offer the ability to participate in a pre-tax flexible spending plan, employee stock ownership plan, and 401k.
Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review each application, so we regret that due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We will be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
We do not accept CVs from recruiters, placement agencies or other personnel providers who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will not be eligible for referral fees.
View your application history