Studio West Design and Architecture is seeking an experienced Architectural Designer or Licensed Architect 4+ years of age to join our studio. If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and portfolio (10MB max) and reference the position you are applying to [email protected]
We are looking for motivated, passionate and energetic designers who enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with studio members in the development of concept design through construction completion on multiple projects.
- Responsible for the execution of the project in direct collaboration with the directors.
- Strong conceptual design and idea generation skills.
- Strong visual communication skills.
- Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings, 3D models and other design and documentation related documents.
- Mastery of the required software: Enscape, Revit, Adobe Suite and Office Suite.
- Mastery of software: Lumion, V-Ray and Rhino.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in producing sets of architectural drawings.
- Work experience in historic renovation, adaptive reuse is preferred, but not required.
- Professional Degree in Architecture.
- 4+ years of professional experience as an architectural designer or licensed architect.
- First experience in an architecture firm.
- An architect’s license or other professional certifications are assets, but not required.
Base salary according to experience, plus benefits.
This is a cabinet position. Applicants must reside in or be willing to relocate to New Orleans.
About Studio West
Studio West is a New Orleans architecture and interior design firm focused on historic renovation and new construction. The woman-owned business was started in 2018 by Jennie West and has grown into a small, dedicated team of six architects and designers. Jason Richards joined the studio as Director in 2021. The studio’s current work is an exciting mix of commercial, hospitality and institutional projects, as well as a small number of residential projects. We are very collaborative and work closely with our network of artists, artisans, consultants and entrepreneurs.
The combined experience of 30 years of our directors includes architecture, interior design, historic rehabilitation, management of complex construction projects, general planning and technical execution of building repairs and the design of the outer envelope. Our specific project expertise includes elementary and secondary education, higher education, film production studios, hospitality (restaurants and hotels), offices, civic and cultural institutions and libraries.
View your application history
Back to task list…